New York City Speeding Ticket LawyersNew York Speeding Laws
A single 11-point speeding ticket can get your license suspended. If you accrue three speeding convictions in a short time frame, your license will be automatically revoked. These tickets come with high points and high fines, and they are frowned on by insurance companies.
Do not mess around with your speeding ticket. Take care of it the right way by placing it in the hands of the experienced New York City speeding ticket lawyers at Stites Law. We have helped over 125,000 drivers deal with all kinds of traffic tickets and have one of the best track records around. Our New York City speeding ticket attorneys have been able to achieve “not guilty” results in 90% of the cases we have handled.
What are the Penalties for Speeding in New York City?”
Speeding is one of the most frequent moving violations. However, few people know what a conviction could cost them.
New York’s penalty structure for speeding includes:
- 1 to 10 mph – a $138 to $243 fine and three points on your license
- 11 to 20 mph – a $183 to $393 fine, four points on your license, and up to 15 days in jail
- 21 to 30 mph – a $483 to $693 fine, six points on your license, and up to 15 days in jail
- 31 to 40 mph – a $723 to $1,143 fine, eight points on your license, and up to 30 days in jail
- 41 mph and up – a $1,098 to $1,518 fine, 11 points on your license, up to 30 days in jail, and an automatic license suspension
How Many Points is a Speeding Ticket in NY?
Under New York speeding laws, the points on your driver’s license that you can receive for a speeding ticket depends on the speed you were driving when you were caught.
Possible points that you can receive for a speeding ticket in NY include:
- 1 to 10 mph – three points
- 11 to 20 mph – four points
- 21 to 30 mph – six points
- 31 to 40 mph – eight points
- 41 mph and up – 11 points
Common Speeding Ticket Errors
Many speeding tickets contain errors, but most people aren't aware of what these errors are and just pay the ticket.
Common traffic ticket errors include:
- Wrong or illegible traffic code on the citation;
- Ticket that’s not filled out completely;
- Incorrect driver’s license information;
- Incorrect vehicle information.
Does Disputing a NYC Speeding Ticket Actually Work?
If you have been ticketed for speeding in NYC, it is not the end of the road. Although you may not realize it, it is possible to successfully dispute your speeding ticket.
Over the past several years, our New York City speeding ticket attorneys have helped our clients:
- Avoid fines and fees
- Reduce or eliminate point penalties
- Prevent license suspension and revocation
- Save time and money
- Avoid a court appearance
Time is limited to fight your charges, so you should take action now to avoid a conviction. At Stites Law, we are available to take your call 24/7, and we offer free consultations. When you trust your case to us, we can do everything possible to fight your charges and keep you driving.
Why Hire an NYC Speeding Ticket Lawyer?
A traffic ticket attorney can help you in many ways if you are charged with a speeding ticket. First, they will be able to give you legal advice about your case and the best way to handle it.
A lawyer may also be able to negotiate on your behalf with the prosecutor or judge for a more favorable outcome. Additionally, they can advise you of any applicable laws that might work in your favor.
Finally, an experienced speeding ticket attorney will be familiar with court procedures and can help make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible. Hiring a legal professional an is the best way to ensure that you get the most favorable result for your situation, rather than pleading guilty by paying the fine and dealing with the harsh consequences.